The Latest ABC News (Timestamp = EST*)
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 17:02:59 +1000: Two Blue Mountains homes destroyed by bushfire - Just In
Two homes have been destroyed, a third seriously damaged and dozens more are threatened as a bushfire burns out of control in the Blue Mountains. Meanwhile, in Sydney, a lightning strike sets a home on fire during heavy storms.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 16:12:41 +1000: Man arrested after car chase across Sydney Harbour Bridge - Just In
A 33-year-old man is arrested after leading police on an hour-long car chase through Sydney, across several highways and the Harbour Bridge.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 15:45:06 +1000: Kiwis score late try to beat Samoa in Four Nations thriller - Just In
A late try to Shaun Kenny-Dowall has got New Zealand out of jail, earning his side a 14-12 Four Nations win over Samoa.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 15:07:21 +1000: Chris Waller-trained Preferment takes out the Victoria Derby at Flemington - Just In
Damien Oliver has won the Victoria Derby at Flemington on the Chris Waller-trained Preferment.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 14:55:38 +1000: Top End warned to be prepared for cyclone season - Just In
Top Enders are being urged to not be complacent on the first official day of the tropical cyclone season.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 14:42:01 +1000: Third victim of US high school shooting dies: hospital - Just In
A 14-year-old girl dies in the United States after being critically injured when a fellow high school student went on a shooting rampage last week, hospital officials say.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 14:42:01 +1000: Albany marks centenary of Anzac fleet departure - Just In
Thousands of people gather in the Western Australian port town of Albany to remember the sacrifice of the first Anzac soldiers who left Australia 100 years ago today.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 14:40:33 +1000: US blacklists Myanmar official ahead of Obama visit - Just In
The United States has imposed sanctions on a prominent politician in Myanmar ahead of Barack Obama's planned visit.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:50:42 +1000: Labor's $60m pledge for Kings Highway upgrades 'an unfunded promise' - Just In
Member for Monaro John Barilaro dismisses a New South Wales Labor election pledge for Kings Highway upgrades as an "unfunded promise" that "can't be trusted".
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:50:42 +1000: Signoff wins the Lexus for spot in Melbourne Cup - Just In
The Darren Weir-trained Signoff has won the Group Three Lexus Stakes to earn a spot in Tuesday's Melbourne Cup.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:40:12 +1000: Brisbane City Council, councillor at odds over court apology ruling - Just In
The strained relationship between Brisbane City Council and Tennyson councillor Nicole Johnston appears set to continue despite this week’s Supreme Court decision over a longstanding dispute.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:07:18 +1000: US judge eases limits on nurse under Ebola quarantine - Just In
A Maine judge eases the state's quarantine order on US nurse Kaci Hickox, who treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:51:51 +1000: Cronk backing Cherry-Evans for England Test - Just In
Cooper Cronk has given his Kangaroos halves partnership with Daly Cherry-Evans the stamp of approval.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:39:45 +1000: Five life sentences for killing of Canadian police officers - Just In
A man who killed three Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers is sentenced to five life sentences in prison, with no possibility of parole for 75 years.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:36:04 +1000: Concern over proposed change to TV captioning rules - Just In
Australia's deaf community is alarmed the Federal Government is considering a proposal to remove captioning requirements for television broadcasters.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:28:32 +1000: Weather hampers Sri Lanka landslide rescue operations - Just In
Heavy rains are hampering search and rescue operations at the site of a landslide that buried up to 150 people.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:22:18 +1000: WWII bomber brothers to receive France's Legion of Honour - Just In
Two brothers from Albany, on Western Australia's south cost, who flew bombers over occupied Europe during World War II will this weekend be honoured by France for their bravery.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:07:08 +1000: ALP wants custody officers to supervise prisoners instead of police - Just In
Four hundred custody officers will be hired to replace police who supervise prison cells if Labor wins this month's Victorian election.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:32:49 +1000: Labor calls for Bishop apology over Gillard slush fund claims - Just In
A Federal Labor frontbencher calls on Foreign Minister Julie Bishop to apologise for accusing former prime minister Julia Gillard of breaking the law.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:12:51 +1000: Woman charged with baby son's murder remanded in custody - Just In
A 35-year-old Gold Coast mother charged with murdering her newborn son has been remanded in custody after appearing briefly in Southport Magistrates Court this morning.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:09:49 +1000: Haddin to fight pain of shoulder injury against Pakistan - Just In
Brad Haddin says his injured shoulder will not stop him batting on day three against Pakistan.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:54:43 +1000: 15yo girl caught driving drunk dad home in Darwin - Just In
A Darwin man and his 15-year-old daughter are in strife after he got drunk and made her drive him home, police say.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:46:44 +1000: Kurdish forces arrive in Kobane to join fight against IS - Just In
A convoy of Iraqi Kurdish forces cross the border into Syria to help Syrian Kurds defend Kobane against Islamic State insurgents.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:42:59 +1000: Adelaide Oval management rejects transport cost pressure - Just In
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (SMA) rejects South Australian Government claims that it should help pay for free public transport services to AFL games.
- Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:29:26 +1000: Water-bombers fight bushfire at Katoomba as heatwave kicks in - Just In
A bushfire is burning in the Blue Mountains as heatwave conditions across New South Wales prompt total fire bans in Sydney and much of the state's north and west.
*EST – Eastern Standard Time
EST is used all year in Queensland, and during Winter in ACT, NSW, Tas. and Vic.