The Latest ABC News (Timestamp = EST*)
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 07:40:45 +1000: Djokovic holds the aces at Open: Murray - Just In
Australian Open finalists full of praise for each other heading into Sunday night's decider.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 07:12:56 +1000: EPL wrap: Chelsea remains five points clear after 1-1 draw with City - Just In
Chelsea remained five points clear at the top after drawing with Manchester City.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 06:52:05 +1000: Reports second Japanese hostage killed by IS - Just In
Japan's government is trying to authenticate a video on the internet purporting to show Islamic State hostage Kenji Goto is dead.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 06:39:21 +1000: Williams and Gallen win bouts in Sydney - Just In
Football stars Sonny Bill Williams and Paul Gallen continued their unbeaten boxing careers with wins.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 05:56:41 +1000: Retail prices expected to rise as Australian dollar falls - Just In
Consumers are facing higher prices for fashion and electronics as the falling Australian dollar pushes up the costs of imports and forces a shift in strategy for the embattled Australian retail industry.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 05:29:58 +1000: Veteran politician Sergio Mattarella elected Italian president - Just In
Italian lawmakers elect Sergio Mattarella, a constitutional court judge and veteran centre-left politician, as president, handing a welcome political victory to prime minister Matteo Renzi.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:43:27 +1000: Spanish anti-austerity Podemos party supporters hold massive march - Just In
Tens of thousands of people take to the streets in Madrid in support of new anti-austerity party Podemos, a week after Greece elected its hard-left ally Syriza.
- Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:26:13 +1000: WA bushfire out of control and threatening homes in Manjimup - Just In
A bushfire burning in Western Australia's south west has flared up and is threatening lives and homes.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:39:18 +1000: Prime Minister Tony Abbott's leadership under discussion: Prentice - Just In
Liberal MP Jane Prentice says the party "can't continue as we are" and that Tony Abbott is "not taking the people with us", as the LNP party looks set to lose power in Queensland.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:26:34 +1000: Labor set for stunning victory in Qld election - Just In
Labor looks set to pull off a stunning victory in a cliffhanger Queensland election, after securing a double-digit swing that has ended the political career of Premier Campbell Newman.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:17:34 +1000: LNP's 'catastrophic' Queensland rout leaves Abbott terminally wounded, MPs say - Just In
The rout of the Liberal National Party in the Queensland election is being described as "catastrophic" by federal Coalition MPs, with some claiming the Prime Minister is now terminally wounded.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:47:07 +1000: Postecoglou lauds Socceroos' mental strength to win Asian Cup - Just In
Ange Postecoglou has praised the Socceroos' mental strength to overcome South Korea in extra-time to win the Asian Cup.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:35:34 +1000: IS militants seize oil facility in northern Iraq, 15 workers missing - Just In
Islamic State (IS) insurgents seize a small crude oil station near the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk where 15 employees were working, while explosions in and around the capital Baghdad killed at least nine people.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:34:13 +1000: Young boy found wandering alone in inner-Brisbane carpark - Just In
Queensland Police make contact with the family of a young boy found wandering alone in the carpark of an inner-Brisbane shopping centre Saturday afternoon.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:27:21 +1000: Fearnley wins hometown wheelchair mile - Just In
A hometown victory in the wheelchair mile to Kurt Fearnley and a new meet record to Queenslander Robbie Crowther in the men's long jump have headlined the Hunter Track Classic.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:27:21 +1000: Merkel rules out debt reduction for Greece - Just In
German chancellor Angela Merkel rejects the prospect of debt relief for Athens, adding to tensions between the radical new Greek government and its international creditors.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:14:07 +1000: Bobridge just misses cycling world record - Just In
Jack Bobridge fell two laps short of his second cycling world record in Melbourne on Saturday evening.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 21:59:19 +1000: Leeanne Enoch set to become Queensland's first female Indigenous MP - Just In
Labor's Leeanne Enoch is set to become the first Indigenous woman elected to Queensland Parliament, with the ABC's election analyst Antony Green predicting she will win Algester.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 21:29:15 +1000: Australia wins Asian Cup thanks to Troisi's extra-time finish - Just In
Australia won its first ever Asian Cup title with a nervy and dramatic 2-1 extra-time win over South Korea in Sydney.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:42:32 +1000: SA Liberals win Davenport by-election - Just In
The Liberals withstand a large swing against them to win the by-election in the South Australian seat of Davenport.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:41:09 +1000: Storm over South East Queensland on election day - Just In
A spectacular storm hit parts of South East Queensland in the closing hours of voting in the state election.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 19:37:13 +1000: Campbell Newman concedes Ashgrove to Kate Jones - Just In
Queensland Premier Campbell Newman concedes his seat of Ashgrove to Labor's Kate Jones in the state election, admitting defeat to his supporters and congratulating Ms Jones on her win.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 19:33:40 +1000: Australian Open: Serena Williams defeats Sharapova to win sixth title - Just In
Serena Williams overcame illness to capture a sixth Australian Open crown with a straight-sets win over Maria Sharapova.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 18:31:41 +1000: Raiders upset Warriors at Auckland Nines - Just In
The Warriors face a must-win match against the Tigers to advance to the quarter-finals of the Nines.
- Sat, 31 Jan 2015 18:30:21 +1000: English jockey Rice dies after Caulfield fall - Just In
English jockey Lizz Rice has died in Melbourne after falling from a horse at Caulfield earlier this month.
*EST – Eastern Standard Time
EST is used all year in Queensland, and during Winter in ACT, NSW, Tas. and Vic.