The Latest ABC News (Timestamp = EST*)
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:12:03 +1000: Rebels bikie charged over meth haul in Rockingham - Just In
A Rebels bikie member is charged with possession of more than two kilograms of methamphetamine in Rockingham, south of Perth.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:11:01 +1000: Aussies make shaky start at Bells Beach - Just In
Defending champion Mick Fanning has been pitched into a sudden-death round-two encounter at Bells Beach after finishing second in his opening heat.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:11:01 +1000: Accused killer of Kyhesha-Lee Joughin granted bail - Just In
One of the two men accused of killing Queensland toddler Kyhesha-Lee Joughin is granted bail in Brisbane.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:00:58 +1000: Ricciardo aiming for 'at least' one F1 win - Just In
Daniel Ricciardo has had to lower his expectations for the 2015 F1 season after struggling to compete with Mercedes.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:59:42 +1000: Warehouse of stuffed animals evidence of illegal wildlife trade - Just In
US authorities say the billion-dollar illegal wildlife trade is both a conservation and global security issue, as tiger and elephant populations decline and reports suggest the trade is used to fund world-wide terrorist activities.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:54:54 +1000: Decision on Bali Nine pair's appeal against execution due April 6 - Just In
An Indonesian court hearing the appeals of Bali Nine members Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan will announce a verdict on April 6, one of the judges determining the case says.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:48:09 +1000: Labor leader's challenge to inquiry dismissed - Just In
A Supreme Court judge in the Northern Territory dismisses an application by Labor leader Delia Lawrie challenging the findings of an inquiry last year.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:46:33 +1000: Canberra man denies raping fellow ANU student - Just In
A 23-year-old man on trial for raping a fellow student at the Australian National University has told the ACT Supreme Court he thought she was a lovely person.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:16:58 +1000: Tasmanian Government not red-faced over collapse of Swire freight deal - Just In
The Tasmanian Government insists there was nothing embarrassing about the collapse of its $33-million international shipping subsidy.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:13:41 +1000: NSW Premier Mike Baird's new cabinet takes shape - Just In
Details are emerging about the shape of the Premier Mike Baird's new reshuffled cabinet, before an official announcement this afternoon.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:11:18 +1000: Hooper says Wallabies on track for World Cup - Just In
Skipper Michael Hooper says the Wallabies have increasing belief of winning the World Cup under coach Michael Cheika.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:08:56 +1000: Police urge NSW motorists to slow down over Easter weekend - Just In
Police urge NSW motorists to slow down as they warn of a big increase in the number of drivers affected by the drug "ice".
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:07:33 +1000: Darwin home prices drop, Sydney, Melb prices surge - Just In
Home prices in Darwin have fallen by more than any other city in the past 12 months, new figures show.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:59:13 +1000: Greens call for Federal Government to 'show compassion' for hunger striker - Just In
The Greens call on the Federal Government to "show compassion" towards an Iranian asylum seeker believed to be near death from a hunger strike in a Perth hospital.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:51:54 +1000: PUP suing former senators Lazarus and Lambie - Just In
The Palmer United Party announces it is suing the party's former senators, Glenn Lazarus and Jacqui Lambie, to recoup the money it spent on their election campaigns.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:48:37 +1000: Fake nurse caught working in Cape York - Just In
A man pretending to be a nurse has been caught working in Cape York.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:38:00 +1000: AGL to pay back $785k to 'misled' customers - Just In
Electricity retailer AGL is to pay back $785,000 to customers the Federal Court has ruled it misled, but the court is yet to set a penalty.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:36:18 +1000: Prosecutors criticised for taking six years to finalise hit-run case - Just In
A South Australian Supreme Court judge criticises prosecutors for taking almost six years to finalise a hit and run case, for which a man is sentenced to five years' jail.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:36:18 +1000: Building approvals fall but remain close to record levels - Just In
Official figures indicate the number of new homes approved for construction eased in February, but remain near record levels.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:34:16 +1000: Gallop urged to reconsider Asian clubs for A-League expansion - Just In
Consultants have urged FFA boss David Gallop to reconsider proposals to expand the A-League into south-east Asia.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:28:07 +1000: Couple accused of Bali murder could face at least 15 years prison - Just In
Prosecutors in the case of a US couple accused of murder on the Indonesian island of Bali call for the pair to be sentenced to at least 15 years in prison.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:20:59 +1000: Essendon doping investigation process slammed - Just In
Former WADA boss John Fahey and the lawyer for James Hird both have varying reasons for criticising the Essendon doping investigation process.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:09:57 +1000: Veteran to attend Anzac Gallipoli service 100 years after father's landing - Just In
When Bill Grayden steps on the soil of Gallipoli this Anzac Day, it will be 100 years to the day since his father did the same.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:55:25 +1000: Adam Scott to revert to broomstick putter for Masters - Just In
Adam Scott will take up the long putter once more as he attempts to win another Masters green jacket.
- Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:53:24 +1000: Hydroponic businesses targeted in police drug investigation - Just In
A police investigation into the illegal manufacture and trade of hydroponic cannabis results in 31 people being charged after raids at 60 properties in South Australia.
*EST – Eastern Standard Time
EST is used all year in Queensland, and during Winter in ACT, NSW, Tas. and Vic.