The latest 25 UK stories from the BBC: (Timestamp = GMT*)
- Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:40:57 +0000: 'No' leads in Scottish referendum - BBC News - UK
The campaign to keep Scotland in the UK takes the most votes so far in the independence referendum, as counting continues across the country.
- Fri, 19 Sep 2014 01:42:37 +0000: 'Electoral fraud' in Glasgow probed - BBC News - UK
Police investigate allegations of 10 cases of suspected electoral fraud at various polling stations around Glasgow.
- Fri, 19 Sep 2014 01:39:50 +0000: Court to decide on abuse legal aid - BBC News - UK
The High Court is due to decide whether to allow a challenge to rules that determine whether victims of domestic abuse get legal aid in family cases.
- Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:38:17 +0000: Clackmannanshire No is first result - BBC News - UK
The first result in the Scottish independence referendum is announced, with most people voting "No" in Clackmannanshire by 54% to 46%.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:57:34 +0000: Call for more local council powers - BBC News - UK
Councils in England are calling for an urgent meeting of a constitutional convention to consider the wider impact of the Scottish referendum.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:43:04 +0000: Quiz of the week's news - BBC News - UK
Which animal fought a valiant battle against an escalator?
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:40:28 +0000: How real is The Riot Club? - BBC News - UK
How real is the Riot Club?
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:36:35 +0000: Just what exactly is Freudian? - BBC News - UK
Just what exactly does the term Freudian mean?
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:31:48 +0000: MP Hancock resigns from Lib Dems - BBC News - UK
Liberal Democrat MP Mike Hancock, who had faced allegations he sexually assaulted a constituent, resigns from the party.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:26:26 +0000: Beatles' Eleanor Rigby made from £1m - BBC News - UK
A sculpture of The Beatles' song character Eleanor Rigby made from £1m of used bank notes is to go on show at the Museum of Liverpool.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:12:44 +0000: Cancer test 'Jolie effect' found - BBC News - UK
Referrals to breast cancer clinics more than doubled in the UK after Angelina Jolie revealed last year she had had a double mastectomy, say scientists.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:04:56 +0000: Health services finances 'worsening' - BBC News - UK
Supposedly-elite NHS foundation trusts in England are running up an overall deficit for the first time, the regulator is expected to say later.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:57:09 +0000: 'Scotland writes history' - front pages - BBC News - UK
Papers report from Scottish referendum polling stations
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:07:49 +0000: Pulis & Bellamy out of Cardiff frame - BBC News - UK
Former Stoke boss Tony Pulis and Craig Bellamy are both out of the running to become the next manager of Cardiff City.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:54:14 +0000: Racist flag unacceptable - Tottenham - BBC News - UK
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino describes the anti-Semitic banner displayed by Partizan Belgrade fans as unacceptable.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:48:59 +0000: Everton 4-1 VfL Wolfsburg - BBC News - UK
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:11:47 +0000: Landale: What next after Scottish vote? - BBC News - UK
Scotland has decided, but what will actually happen?
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:45:38 +0000: University approves £150,000 chairs - BBC News - UK
Plymouth University agrees to spend £150,000 on seven chairs for graduation ceremonies.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:23:28 +0000: VIDEO: Ambulance death woman 'let down' - BBC News - UK
The grieving family of a woman in her 70s who died while waiting in a queue of ambulances at Morriston Hospital, Swansea, says the system let her down.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:00:17 +0000: Video of British hostage released - BBC News - UK
A new video is released showing a British man, identified as journalist John Cantlie, believed to be held hostage by Islamic State militants.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:57:57 +0000: Paradise island murder mystery - BBC News - UK
Mystery over tourist killings continues to baffle Thailand police
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:29:14 +0000: Ambulance death woman 'let down' - BBC News - UK
The grieving family of a woman who died while waiting in a queue of ambulances outside a hospital says the system let her down.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:13:07 +0000: Partizan Belgrade 0-0 Tottenham - BBC News - UK
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:02:19 +0000: VIDEO: London hosts Turner and Constable shows - BBC News - UK
Rivals in life, two of Britain's greatest painters William Turner and John Constable, are the subjects of major exhibitions in London.
- Thu, 18 Sep 2014 18:54:05 +0000: Alice suspect is convicted murderer - BBC News - UK
A man wanted in connection with the disappearance of schoolgirl Alice Gross was convicted of murdering his wife in Latvia, police reveal.
*GMT = Greenwich Mean Time or UTC.