The latest 25 UK stories from the BBC: (Timestamp = GMT*)
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 04:33:12 +0000: Christmas tree battle for No 10 - BBC News - UK
Christmas Tree growers fight for Downing Street honour
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 04:32:37 +0000: Queen hit song 'has healing powers' - BBC News - UK
Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody is a good song for people to listen to if they feel unwell or down, a poll suggests.
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 04:22:43 +0000: Man held after Edinburgh incident - BBC News - UK
A man has been detained by police after an incident in Edinburgh which led to part of the city centre being cordoned off.
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 00:57:41 +0000: Inmate planned escape with hostage - BBC News - UK
Detailed plans to kidnap a prison officer in a bid to escape from prison on the Isle of Wight were found in the cell of a Muslim inmate, the BBC has learned.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:46:57 +0000: Merkel 'kills the deal' and the GP cash bonanza - BBC News - UK
Merkel 'kills the deal' and the GP cash bonanza
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:43:38 +0000: VIDEO: Muslim soldiers' Afghan challenge - BBC News - UK
BBC Inside Out looks at the experiences of Muslim soldiers fighting for Britain in Afghanistan against an enemy of the same faith.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:15:20 +0000: 'It's just my brain is misbehaving' - BBC News - UK
'It's just my brain is misbehaving'
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:10:14 +0000: Labour row: Salmond blames Miliband - BBC News - UK
Ed Miliband is to blame for Johann Lamont quitting as leader of the Scottish Labour Party, Alex Salmond has claimed.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:07:22 +0000: Planning fee increase criticised - BBC News - UK
Four leading Scottish business groups speak out against an increase in fees for planning applications due to come into effect later this week.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:03:57 +0000: Most UK profit warnings since 2008 - BBC News - UK
Profit warnings by UK-listed firms rise to the their highest summer level for six years, according to forecaster EY.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:00:43 +0000: 'Record number' of low-paid Britons - BBC News - UK
A record five million UK workers are now in low-paid jobs, a rise of 250,000 in the last year, research from a left-of-centre think tank suggests.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 22:48:49 +0000: VIDEO: Russia turns back clocks for good - BBC News - UK
Russia prepares to turn back the clocks, moving the country on to "permanent winter time" - a move which has divided opinion
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 21:21:39 +0000: IT issues cause Heathrow disruption - BBC News - UK
An IT problem at Heathrow airport causes baggage handling problems, with some passengers reporting "huge delays".
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:15:15 +0000: New John Cantlie video posted online - BBC News - UK
British journalist John Cantlie, who is being held captive by Islamic State militants, is shown reading a message in a new propaganda video published online.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:04:51 +0000: Northampton 34-6 Ospreys - BBC News - UK
Four tries from Wales wing George North see Northampton end Ospreys' unbeaten start to the season with a big Champions Cup win.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:43:14 +0000: Last farewell for cancer blog boy - BBC News - UK
Award-winning seven-year-old Laughlin Whiteley who died from cancer is given a final farewell by the people in his home town.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:25:27 +0000: Protest over police custody deaths - BBC News - UK
Family and friends of people killed in police custody hold a march in central London to demand justice for their loved ones.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:19:49 +0000: Man killed in west Belfast shooting - BBC News - UK
A man dies in hospital after he was shot in a west Belfast alleyway 30 minutes after a serious brawl broke out in a nearby street.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:05:03 +0000: Britain must pay EU bill, says MEP - BBC News - UK
The rest of Europe expects the UK to settle a £1.7bn EU budget demand "and that's that", a vice president of the European Parliament has said.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:49:48 +0000: 'Deliberate' blaze killed father - BBC News - UK
Police confirm that a man who was involved in a house fire in South Yorkshire was killed by the effects of the blaze.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:32:37 +0000: Peer condemns 'chronic underfunding' - BBC News - UK
Successive UK governments are responsible for the "deliberate" and "chronic underfunding" of Welsh public services, says former Plaid Cymru leader Lord Wigley.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:22:55 +0000: Cream bassist Jack Bruce dies, aged 71 - BBC News - UK
Scottish musician Jack Bruce, the bassist and singer with 1960s supergroup Cream, dies aged 71, his publicist confirms.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:30:01 +0000: Weather warning over heavy rain - BBC News - UK
An amber weather warning is issued for the west Highlands and the Western Isles for Sunday and Monday.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:25:21 +0000: West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City - BBC News - UK
Manchester City's title ambitions suffer a setback as Diafra Sakho scores to help earn West Ham earn a 2-1 victory.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:21:54 +0000: RAF pilot training boost welcomed - BBC News - UK
The move to bring basic pilot training for the RAF and Royal Navy to Anglesey is warmly welcomed by island economic development portfolio holder.
*GMT = Greenwich Mean Time or UTC.