Renting a Car in Australia
Need a car when you first arrive ?
Rent or Buy ?
Most people will rent a car at first, as buying a car and trying to have it waiting for you at the airport, may be a bit tricky.
Or is it.
Could using a Car Broker be the answer ? They find your car, register it, etc., and have it waiting at the airport ? …. It is worth investigating…
Insurance on Car Rentals
When renting cars you quite often have terms including an excess such as:
“Standard $3,000 excess applied to all drivers 25 years and over.
This may be lowered by the payment of a collision damage waiver (CDW).
Drivers must be 21 years of age or older.”
Standby Car Rentals
Standbycars.com provides simplistic online booking facilities for last minute (next 21 days) car rental deals throughout Australia and New Zealand.
One of the things that they do, is to arrange the return of “ONE WAY hired cars and motor homes” back to the original depot, and that can give great savings for the lucky person.
One example was:
Adelaide City to Sydney, for a 2 or 6 berth mobile home, 4 days allowed to do the trip at $5/day. $210 fuel allowance given and 1971km allowed
Sydney & Perth Car Hire:
Queensland Car Hire
- Shoestrings Holiday Car Rentals – Hendra 3km from Brisbane Airport
- East Coast Car Rentals – Brisbane Airport, Gold Coast, Coolangatta, Cairns Airport and Surfers Paradise, Queensland
- Red Spot Rentals – Brisbane Airport
- Action Rent a car – Brisbane Airport and Gold Coast
- Abel Rent a Car in Brisbane, is NOT on my list of recommended car hire companies – see
Rent a Camper Motor Home in Australia