Apr 24 2014

Claiming Australian Superannuation back when leaving Australia

When leaving Australia for good, you may wish to claim as much of any Australian Super as you can.

This can be reclaimed in some circumstances before you reach retirement age.

If you are a former temporary resident, you can claim the super benefits you accumulated while working in Australia.

To claim the Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP) you must have visited on an eligible temporary resident visa (which has expired or been cancelled), and permanently departed Australia.
In most cases, payments will be subject to a withholding tax.

If you are a temporary resident working in Australia, your employer has to make super guarantee contributions for you if you’re eligible.

You can claim super benefits you accumulated while working in Australia if all of the following apply:

  • you visited on a temporary visa (excluding visa subclasses 405 and 410)
  • your visa has ceased to be in effect
  • you have left Australia.

Useful Links:


1 - 87

Win a Luxurious home in Australia with Hometown Prize Draws.

For Books with Free Delivery to Australia, look at: BookDepository UK and USA

Leave a Reply to this Posting, but no links please.