Apr 22 2017

HECS and Permanent Residency

HECS Fee Help and Support While a Permanent Resident

HECS-HELP loans are available to eligible students who are studying in a Commonwealth Supported Place and are Australian citizens.

Since 2005, most New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents are not eligible for HECS-HELP loans. They must pay up-front and are not eligible to defer their unit fees to the ATO under the HECS-HELP scheme.
Since 2005, only Australian Citizens or Humanitarian Visa holders are able to defer their unit fees through to the ATO.

Permanent residents are still eligible for the subsidised Commonwealth Supported rate of fees while they reside in Australia, but MUST pay the invoiced Student Contribution Amount and Student Services and Amenities Fee up-front on or before the relevant census date.



1 - 23

Win a Luxurious home in Australia with Hometown Prize Draws.

For Books with Free Delivery to Australia, look at: BookDepository UK and USA

Leave a Reply to this Posting, but no links please.