Britzinoz, an information site for British Migrants to Australia, providing information since October 2005.
It is Father’s Day in the UK on Sunday 19th June 2011
You can now have a card printed and posted from the UK, for not much more than the cost of a card plus postage from Australia.
- HECS and Permanent Residency HECS Fee Help and Support While a Permanent Resident HECS-HELP loans are available to eligible students who are studying in a Commonwealth Supported Place and are Australian citizens. Since 2005, most New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents are not eligible for HECS-HELP loans. They must pay up-front and are not eligible to defer their unit fees ...
- Citizenship Requirement Changes 2017 Residence Requirement for Australian Citizenship Applicants will be required to demonstrate a minimum of four years in Australia as a permanent resident immediately prior to applying for citizenship, with a maximum of 12 months outside of Australia in this time period. Citizenship Test for Australian Citizenship Applicants will have three attempts to pass the citizenship test, after three ...
- 457 Visa Applications and Occupations Removed 457 visa applicants with an occupation that has been removed from the STSOL One option seems like a withdrawal of application with refund of feesContinue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Nominated Salary Visas and ATO Data Matching ATO to Data Match Incomes with Department of Immigration. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (the Department) will commence the collection of Tax File Numbers for visa holders, and data will be matched with the Australian Tax Office’s records to ensure that visa holders are not paid less than their nominated salary.Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- List of Removed Occupations, April 2017 200 Skilled Occupations Removed the previous Skilled Occupation Lists. Occupations entirely removed from the list of eligible skilled occupation on 19 April 2017 are listed below. ANZSCO Code OccupationContinue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Changes to Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) April 2017 Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List to be Cancelled and Replaced On 19 April 2017, the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) replaced the previous ‘Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List’ (CSOL)Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Changes to Skilled Occupation List (SOL) April 2017 Skilled Occupation List to be Cancelled and Replaced On 19 April 2017, the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) replaces the previous ‘Skilled Occupation List’ (SOL)Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Australia to Abolish the 457 visas for Skilled Workers Australian jobs and Australian values override and cancel the 457 Visa The government has announced that it will abolish 457 visas for skilled foreign workers and replace them with a new visa program. Anyone now in Australia on a 457 visa will not be affected by the new arrangements.Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Median Weekly Rents Brisbane 2012 – 2017 Brisbane Statistical Division Weekly Rentals Weekly rents for 4 Bedroom Houses in BRISBANE CITY have changed from $490 per week (May 2012) to $540 per week (May 2017), a change of 10% over 5 years ($50 per week). Based on 2,305 New Rentals in the March 2017 Qtr)Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- AUD is High to the GBP, Anyone Consider Returning to UK Returning to the UK, is it a Financial Option for some?. With the value of the AUD compared to the British Pound there must be some who have been in Australia for a while, and have considered the option to return while the “Price is Right”Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Chocolates from the UK to Australia Easter or Christmas, or any day that might be Special, can be Chocolate day. So why not consider some real British Chocolate as special times for those special days. If you haven’t found it locally, then order from the UK and have it delivered…Continue reading » Chocolates from Britain Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Assurance of Support for Visa Applications Some Australian Visa Applications need an Assurance of Support Although the need for Assurance of Support for Partner Visas was removed in 2012, there are still some types of Visas that may require the Assurance of Support”.Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Mobile Phone Tower Locations in Australia Where is the nearest Mobile Phone Tower ? When choosing a location to live in, it can be handy to know where the nearest Mobile Phone Tower is, and which Providers it services. Some towers cover Optus, Telstra and Vodafone, others just one of them.Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- Data Only SIM – 50 GB data for $60 50 GB data + unlimited OVO Time for data-free streaming A Prepaid ‘data only’ SIM for your tablet or WiFi hotspot giving 50 Gb data for $59.95 per month.Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
- NBN at your Property Is the NBN Available at Your Home The extensive upgrade of Australia’s existing landline, phone and internet network to the NBN system is said to change the way we live, work and play for decades to come. You can see if your property is NBN ready now by checking your address at:Continue reading » Share this:FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailMorePrintTumblrLinkedInPinterestRedditPocket
Need a Visa for Australia ?
Not sure which visa to apply for ? The Australian Government immigration website now has the FIND A VISA WIZARD at: www.immi.gov.au/visawizard Answer the questions and the wizard will point you in the right direction…
Immigration Rule Changes
Updates and changes can be seen at:
Family Tax Benefits stopped for non lodgement of Tax Returns
- More at: Family Tax Benefits…
Changes to the Building Trade Licence Legislation – QUEENSLAND
From 1 December 2009, there was a change to building licensing regulations in Queensland. Most work valued at $3,300 or less is now exempt from BSA’s licensing requirements. The previous threshold was $1,100.
Books about Australia
There are many books about Australia, and Amazon have an excellent choice. Some of these are a must read for people wanting to find out more about Australia.
Driving in Queensland
Most speed limits in built up areas in Brisbane are 60kph (37.5mph), but this reduces to 50kph (31.25mph) in many residential areas. Other roads may be 80kph (50mph), with 100 kph (62.5mph) or 110 kph (68.75mph) on the Freeways/Motorways.
More…. Driving in Queensland
1 - 464