The latest 25 UK stories from the BBC: (Timestamp = GMT*)
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:11:22 +0000: Police hunt gang after sex assault - BBC News - UK
A gang of five to six youths is being hunted by police after a 17-year-old girl was sexually assaulted in a Cardiff park.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:05:32 +0000: Man thrown out of Commons at PMQs - BBC News - UK
A man is thrown out of the public gallery in the House of Commons after a disturbance during Prime Minister's Questions.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:58:51 +0000: IRA let down abuse victims - Adams - BBC News - UK
Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams apologises to sex abuse victims "let down" by the IRA during the Troubles.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:51:39 +0000: Paying for sex 'should be illegal' - BBC News - UK
People who pay for sex should face prosecution, say campaigners who want selling sex to be decriminalised.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:23:26 +0000: Church sorry for 'shameful' abuse - BBC News - UK
The Archbishop of York Dr John Sentamu issues a "wholehearted" apology to victims of sexual abuse as a report criticises the Church of England.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:19:40 +0000: Serena in heaviest loss for 16 years - BBC News - UK
World number one Serena Williams is beaten by Simona Halep at the WTA Finals in her heaviest defeat for 16 years.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:06:41 +0000: PM: Buck stops with me on criminals - BBC News - UK
Prime Minister David Cameron tells MPs the "buck stops with me" when it comes to deporting foreign criminals from the UK.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:57:33 +0000: Boy admits killing teen over bike - BBC News - UK
A 16-year-old boy pleads guilty in court to murdering another boy in Brixton over the sale of a £90 bicycle.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:57:20 +0000: Addict kills days after prison exit - BBC News - UK
A heroin addict is found guilty of murdering a man just five days after coming out of jail and using his money for a drug deal.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:55:41 +0000: 'Fake' Premier League star jailed - BBC News - UK
A former footballer who posed as a Chelsea player to live a lavish lifestyle is jailed for fraud.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:49:15 +0000: 'Appalling' treatment of shot Scot - BBC News - UK
The Prime Minister has stepped into the row over an Edinburgh father sentenced to death in Pakistan for blasphemy.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:21:29 +0000: Universal credit 'in place by 2018' - BBC News - UK
Most benefit claimants will have transferred onto the government's universal credit scheme by the end of 2018, Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith predicts.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:57:06 +0000: Woman held over 'Syria terror plot' - BBC News - UK
A woman is arrested in Bedfordshire on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts related to Syria, Scotland Yard says.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:56:34 +0000: Miliband 'terrified' of NHS failure - BBC News - UK
David Cameron says Ed Miliband is "totally terrified" of Labour's Welsh NHS "failure" while the Labour leader accuses him of "smearing the NHS in Wales".
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:54:33 +0000: Ex-judge condemns 'savage' cuts - BBC News - UK
A retiring High Court judge says he thinks government cuts to the legal system have gone too far.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:45:28 +0000: VIDEO: 'Dean abused me in childhood' - BBC News - UK
A man who was abused by the late Dean of Manchester speaks about his childhood ordeal, as an inquiry criticises the Church of England's handling of allegations of sexual abuse.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:42:08 +0000: Legal challenge over abuse inquiry - BBC News - UK
A legal challenge is launched into the choice of Fiona Woolf as the chair of the inquiry investigating historical child abuse as political pressure grows.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:41:21 +0000: Froome may skip 2015 Tour de France - BBC News - UK
Britain's Chris Froome has revealed he may not compete in the 2015 Tour de France as the route is unveiled.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:03:58 +0000: GPs to get £55 for dementia diagnoses - BBC News - UK
Doctors in England will be paid £55 every time they diagnose dementia, health chiefs say, but the scheme is criticised by a patients' group.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:03:34 +0000: Met 'asked NIO for Downey letter' - BBC News - UK
The Metropolitan Police asked the Northern Ireland Office for a copy of a letter that said a suspected IRA bomber was not wanted, Westminster's On the Runs inquiry is told.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:03:21 +0000: Minicab firm offers white drivers - BBC News - UK
A taxi firm boss says he respects the right of passengers who wish to choose their driver's colour.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:00:12 +0000: Kruis among uncapped England trio - BBC News - UK
England call up three uncapped players for the autumn internationals in Semesa Rokoduguni, George Kruis and Calum Clark.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:50:23 +0000: Homebase accelerates store closures - BBC News - UK
Home Retail Group says that store closures at Homebase will be accelerated, with the number of outlets cut by 25% by 2019.
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:48:00 +0000: Supermarket supplies: The hidden world - BBC News - UK
The story behind the promotions at the end of the aisle
- Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:28:21 +0000: WW1 soldiers' remains reinterred - BBC News - UK
The remains of 15 soldiers, which were discovered during drainage work in 2009, are reinterred at a military cemetery in France.
*GMT = Greenwich Mean Time or UTC.