Which Australian Skills are most in demand in 2021?
Qualified Accountants, Residential Estimators, Cloud Engineers and CRM Managers make the list of the top skills required for 2021, according to recruiting experts Hays.
The recruiter has revealed close to 100 skills that will be in greatest demand across 27 sectors and industries in 2021.
“We’re seeing vacancy activity rise in many areas as organisations return to growth and look to protect their future,” says Nick Deligiannis, Managing Director of Hays in Australia & New Zealand.
“Demand for these key skills is high, especially those deemed critical to project delivery or business operations. Also ranking highly are jobs that allow organisations and people to perform at their peak.
“In terms of the balance of temporary and permanent roles, while contract remained resilient throughout 2020, permanent vacancy activity is bouncing back as business confidence increases.”
According to Hays, the skills in greatest demand for 2021 are:
- Accountancy & Finance: Qualified Accountants, Payrollers and Commercial Analysts;
- Architecture: Residential Drafters, Environmental Planners and Urban/Town Planners;
- Banking: Business Development Managers, Brokers, Lending Managers, Credit Analysts and Risk & Compliance Managers;
- Construction: Residential Estimators, Site Supervisors and Commercial Site Managers;
- Contact Centres: Sales & Service Representatives, Customer Service Officers and Claims Consultants;
- Defence: Systems Engineers, Contract Commercial Managers, Project Managers and Integrated Logistics Support Practitioners;
- Education: Centre Directors, Early Childhood Teachers, Diploma qualified OOSH Coordinators, High School Teachers (Technology, Mathematics, Science and English) and Qualified Trainers;
- Energy: Grid Connections Engineers/Managers, CEC Accredited Electricians, Power Systems Engineers, Electrical Engineers, CEC Accredited Electrical Engineers and Structural Designers;
- Engineering: Control Systems Engineers, Civil Designers and Civil & Structural Engineers;
- Facilities Management: Facilities Managers, Planners & Schedulers, Project Managers, Residential Building Managers, Building Inspectors/Asset Surveyors and Data Centre/Technical Facilities Managers;
- Healthcare: Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Practitioners & Clinicians and Family Violence Specialists;
- Human Resources: Organisational Design & Development Consultants and Managers, Talent Acquisition Specialists, Internal Recruiters, Employee Relations & Industrial Relations Advisors and Work Health & Safety Officers;
- Insurance: Brokers, Assistant Account Executives, Liability & Professional Indemnity Claims Handlers and Dispute Resolution Officers;
- Information Technology: Cloud Engineers, Security Awareness Consultants and Full Stack Developers;
- Legal: Commercial Litigation & Insolvency Lawyers, Insurance Lawyers and Commercial Property Lawyers;
- Life Sciences: Clinical Research, Marketing and Business Insights & Analytics professionals;
- Logistics: Warehouse Managers, Fleet Controllers and Transport Operations Managers;
- Marketing & Digital: CRM and Loyalty Managers, Creative and Content Managers, Digital Marketing Experts and eCommerce Managers;
- Manufacturing & Operations: Production/Operations Managers, Quality Managers/Supervisors and Reliability/Continuous Improvement Engineers;
- Office Support: Office Assistants, Executive Assistants and Project Support Officers;
- Policy & Strategy: Governance, Risk & Compliance experts, Grants Managers and Policy and Project Managers;
- Procurement: Category Managers, Procurement Specialists and Contracts Managers;
- Property: Sales Agents, Investment Managers and Analysts and industrial property experts;
- Retail: Category Coordinators and Managers, Merchandise Planners and Sales Assistants;
- Resources & Mining: Mobile Plant Operators, Heavy Diesel Fitters and Mine Engineers;
- Sales: Business Development Managers, New Business Sales Representatives, Specification Salespeople and Account Managers;
- Trades & Labour: Domestic HVAC Technicians, Plasterers and Plumbers.
For more information on these skills in demand, please see a detailed list at Hays Recruitment Agency.