UK Age Pension in Australia
Information about receiving the British aged pension while resident in Australia.
People who have paid UK National Insurance contributions, but retire in Australia, or any other country, are eligible to receive the British Age Pension, even when living overseas.
UK Income Tax would not be deducted on the UK Pension, but the Australian Tax office would include that income, with any other Income, for the calculation of Australian Tax.
It is however important to note that the rate of pension will be frozen at the same amount that it is first paid out at. This does not apply to those living in all countries, but Australia is one where it does apply.
British Pension in Australia
- GBP-AUD FX rate for UK Pension to Australia (2) June 14, 2022
- Australian Income Tax on UK Age Pension (0) July 2, 2018
- Age Pension: Will a UK Pension affect my Australian Centrelink payment (0) August 31, 2017
- UK Aged Pension: 60% Part Pension for Spouse (0) July 28, 2017
- 25% Tax Penalty on Some QROPS Pension Transfers (0) April 10, 2017
- Transfer British Pension to Australia (0) April 2, 2017
- UK Chancellor cuts Pension benefits for Brits abroad (0) November 28, 2015