Post Content follows this advert.
An Internet host is a computer connected directly to the Internet.
- Australia 11.134 million (2008)
- United Kingdom 8.269 million (2008)
An Internet user is someone that accesses the Internet at least once in the year.
- Australia 11.240 million (2008)
- United Kingdom 40.200 million (2008)
These average Internet speeds (in 2009) are taken from over twenty million tests taken every month, from users all over the world.
- 5.12 Mbps Australia : The top 10 ISP’s in the UK range from 10.71 Mbps to 36.91 Mbps
- not available to me (see bottom of page): United Kingdom : The top 10 ISP’s in the UK range from 23.6 Mbps to 42.45 Mbps
The UK fastest regions are quoted as:
- 12.32 Ceredigion (mid-west Wales)
- 10.61 Kingston upon Thames
- 10.49 Redcar and Cleveland
- 9.56 Dundee City
The Australian average speed ratings per State are quoted as:
- 5.73 Victoria
- 5.60 ACT
- 5.18 NT
- 5.12 NSW
- 5.09 SA
- 4.66 QLD
- 4.39 WA
- 4.26 Tasmania
Source and more information at: www.speedtest.net
UK Internet speed:
I am waiting to get the UK average speed from someone with access to that figure from: www.speedtest.net/global.php