Post Content follows this advert.
Holidays in Australia
Public Holidays in Australia
For accurate information of Public Holidays in all Australian States, these links should provide the official dates:
- Public Holidays in Australian Capital Territory
- Public Holidays in New South Wales
- Public Holidays in Northern Territory
- Public Holidays in Queensland
- Public Holidays in South Australia
- Public Holidays in Tasmania
- Public Holidays in Victoria
- Public Holidays in Western Australia
School Holidays and School Term Dates in Australia
Each of the Australian States set their own school terms and holiday dates, and they are often at slightly different times in the different States. Sometimes a week or so different starting and finishing term times..
The actual State School Term and Holiday dates for each State can be found at:
Private and Independent schools often have slightly different dates, normally starting a bit earlier or ending a bit later.
An example of this is in Queensland, where the summer holiday starts on Dec 13th in the State schools, some Private schools start on Dec 6th.
Last Minute Holidays
Here are some links for low priced Local Holiday Accommodation ideas if you are going to book last minute.
- Laterooms.com Australian Hotels
- Wotif.com : http://www.wotif.com.au
- QuickBeds.com : http://www.quickbeds.com
- Checkin.com : http://www.check-in.com.au
- Lastminute.com.au : http://www.lastminute.com.au
- Needitnow.com.au : http://www.needitnow.com.au
Australian Capital City Tourism Websites
- Adelaide Tourist Website: http://www.southaustralia.com/Adelaide.aspx
- Canberra Tourist Website: http://www.visitcanberra.com.au/
- Brisbane Tourist Website: http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au
- Darwin Tourist Website: travelnt.com
- Hobart Tourist Website: www.welcometohobart.com.au
- Melbourne Tourist Website: www.visitmelbourne.com
- Perth Tourist Website: http://www.experienceperth.com
- Sydney Tourist Website: http://www.sydney.com
Australian State Tourism Websites
Overseas Holiday Ideas from Australia
Where do the Australians go to on their normal overseas holidays ?
Europe is a popular destination, although a bit expensive at times, but many will take breaks in the Asia Pacific region at place such as:
Caravan/Resort Park Holidays
- Brisbane Holiday Village – Eight Mile Plains, Just 10 mins South of Brisbane CBD
- Cairns Coconut Caravan Resort – Cairns
- Whitsundays Big 4 Resort Caravan Park – Airlie Beach, Whitsundays
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village – Ashmore, Gold Coast
- The Big 4 Group – Quoted as having over 165 Holiday parks over Australia. Many of these have 2 bedroom villas, with kitchen and en-suite facilities, and can be pretty comfortable for a few weeks stay.
- Australian Caravan Park Reports – A web site that contains reports on the quality of Australian caravan parks, as rated by the people who stay in them.
The Major Theme Parks
The Qld/NSW border area has some very well known Theme parks:
There are also others such as:
- Paradise Country, home of the ultimate Australiana farm experience, also at the Gold Coast. And the
- Australian Outback Spectacular, opened in early 2006, a unique and exciting show capturing the grandeur of the Australian Outback.
If you are living in the area, check out the Annual Ticket prices:
eg: (2016) $109.99 12 months entry to 3 parks of your choice: Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast or Paradise Country.
Where to stay near Dream World, Queensland, Australia
Coomera Motor Inn
Dream World Parkway, Coomera, QLD
31 rooms right next to Dream World, close to Movie world, wet’n’wild, sea world
- Halcyon House, Blue Mountains
- Blue Mountain Walks – Bush Walking in the Blue Mountains
Other Things to Do
- Whale watching around Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, Queensland, is very popular between late July and early November, when humpback whales frequent the calm and temperate waters in the area, on their annual migration.
Whale watching tours can be found for around $100 per adult.
Gold Coast Tourist ideas
A Tiger Moth Joy Flight
Australia Zoo Self Drive Tour
Australian Kayaking Adventures
Australian Outback Spectacular
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
David Fleay Wildlife Park
Dolphin Wild’s Moreton Island Cruise
Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant
Gold Coast ATV Adventures
Gold Coast Motorcycle Tours
Gold Coast Turf Club
Jet Ski Safaris
King Tutts Putt Putt
Le Mans Kart Racing
Leisure Marine Charters
Mirage Boat Hire
Mud Crab Cruise
O’Reilly’s Rainforest Guesthouse
Paradise Jet Boating
Plan B Party Tours
Putt Putt Golf
Shane’s Watersports World
Skirmish – Paintball Shooting Game
South Stradbroke Island Resort
The Shooting Centre
Tiki Boat Hire
Tropical Fruit World
Tweed Endeavour Cruises
Warner Bros. Movie World
Wet ‘n’ Wild Water World
Whales in Paradise