Post Content follows this advert.
Beaches in Australia
Australian beaches are a reasonably important part of the Australian life style
It is intended to create a Photo section from this page.
Some people say that Brisbane does not have a beach. That statement is based on their definition of what a beach is.
Streets Beach in Brisbane CBD is a man-made beach, next to the Brisbane River near enough in the middle of Brisbane’s Central Business District.
There are no waves or rips and Streets Beach is patrolled by experienced, professional lifeguards seven days a week.
Most of Australia’s population lives close to the coastline and the beach has long occupied a special place in the Australian identity.
The Australian coastline is where three of the world’s great ocean’s meet: the Pacific, Indian and Southern oceans.
The beach is also a place where people from all over the world meet, mix and live.
The coastline of the Australian mainland stretches more than 30,000 km.
With the addition of all the coastal islands this amounts to more than 47,000 km.
The coastal landscape ranges from broad sandy beaches to rocky cliffs and mangrove swamps.
A beach can be defined as a stretch of sand longer than 20 metres and remaining dry at high tide.
Based on this definition, the Coastal Studies Unit at the University of Sydney has counted 10,685 beaches in Australia.
- Bondi Beach in Sydney must be Australia’s most well known beach, it is about 1 kilometre long… more
- Bell’s Beach, Victoria on the Great Ocean Road, is also a very popular beach, although mainly for surfing… more
- Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia, with its 22 kilometre stretch of white beach… more
- The Gold Coast, Queensland. The Gold Coast has 21 patrolled beaches with Surfers Paradise possibly being the best known … more
- Brisbane, Queensland. Australia’s only beach in the middle of the city, Streets Beach is one of South Bank’s most popular attractions… more
- Coastal Watch – surf cams, swell forecasts, mobile surf, latest news
- South Australia: Click here for link
- Queensland Beaches: Click here for link
- Web Cam at Woody Point, Redcliffe, QLD: webcam – redcliffe
Legal Nude Beaches
- Obelisk Beach – Just off Chowder Bay Road, on the southern side of the National Park area at Middle Head.
- Cobblers Beach – located on the northern side of Middle Head.
- Lady Bay – near Watson Bays, about 12 km north east of Sydney
- Alexandria Bay – The Sunshine Coasts only clothing-optional beach
More at: www.freebeach.com.au
Some Beach photographs around Australia:
Clifton Beach, Tasmania
Victoria Point, Queensland.
Coochiemudlo Island, off Victoria Point, Queensland