Post Content follows this advert.
78% of Australian adults were quoted as being satisfied with their lives, in a 2010 General Social Survey carried out by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
This figure is slightly higher than the 76% who reported being satisfied in the 2001 survey.
- 43% were pleased or delighted with their lives.
- 34% reported being mostly satisfied.
- about 17% Mixed feelings
- about 2% Mostly Dissatisfied.
- about 2% Unhappy
- about 2% Terrible.
Other figures of those Australians satisfied with their lives are:
- 82% of Married.
- 78% of Widowed.
- 76% of never Married.
- 66% of Divorced.
- 56% of Separated.
- 83% of people aged 65-74 years old were the most likely to be at least satisfied with their lives.
- 73% of people aged 45-54 years old were the least likely to be at least satisfied with their lives.