Post Content follows this advert.
457 visa holders – workplace rights and entitlements
Under the Migration Act, your sponsor is required to meet a number of obligations which ensure that you are provided with appropriate terms and conditions of employment.
These obligations require your employer to:
- provide you with equivalent pay to that of any Australian employee who has the same occupation as you in your workplace
- only require you to perform duties that relate to your approved occupation
- pay reasonable and necessary travel costs to allow you and your family members to leave Australia, if requested in writing by you, your family or DIBP on your behalf
- not make you pay for any costs relating to your recruitment, or the costs associated with the business becoming or being an approved sponsor, including migration agent costs
- make sure that you do not work for any other employers without authorisation
- pay you in a manner that is capable of being verified by an independent person (e.g. electronic funds transfer or cheque)
It is also important that the Employer is aware of these obligations.