Post Content follows this advert.
Mortgage Costs as a Percentage of Income, for 362 cities in various countries around the world, in a 2013 report.
The following figures are from a report that I first looked at in 2010, and the figures for that year looked at 117 cities. It has now expanded to 362 Cities. The 2010 report is at: www.abcdiamond.com/forum/…/mortgage-costs-as-a-percentage-of-income/
The following figures are just for the Cities in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Mortgage Costs as a Percentage Of Average Income
- 121.27% London, United Kingdom
- 103.51% Cairns, Australia
- 90.31% Melbourne, Australia
- 81.99% Sydney, Australia
- 79.15% Perth, Australia
- 77.49% Bristol, United Kingdom
- 73.54% Brighton, United Kingdom
- 67.70% Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 62.33% Darwin, Australia
- 55.68% Nottingham, United Kingdom
- 53.18% Oxford, United Kingdom
- 50.96% Canberra, Australia
- 49.32% Hobart, Australia
- 47.25% Reading, United Kingdom
- 43.86% Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 43.48% Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 43.26% Sheffield, United Kingdom
- 42.85% Brisbane, Australia
- 38.75% Gold Coast, Australia
- 36.18% Leicester, United Kingdom
- 35.31% Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 33.26% Belfast, United Kingdom
- 32.89% Adelaide, Australia
- 32.72% Southampton, United Kingdom
- 24.98% Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- 24.54% Leeds, United Kingdom
- 23.89% Liverpool, United Kingdom
Mortgage as Percentage of Income is a the ratio of the actual monthly cost of the mortgage to take-home family income. Average monthly salary is used to estimate family income.
Full details at: www.numbeo.com
It is interesting to see that there are FIVE cities from each of our countries in the top 10 of this list, keeping it equal.
Comparing some of the Cities with similar figures is even more interesting, eg:
- Perth and Bristol at 77% to 79%
- Brisbane and Sheffield at 42% to 43%
- Gold Coast and Leicester at 36% to 39%
- Adelaide and Southampton at 33%
In the total of all Cities, London at 121.27% was in position 107 !!