Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Current West Australia Time
Perth is the Major City in the West of Australia
The following from: www.migration.wa.gov.au
- Boasting thousands of kilometres of white sandy beaches, amazing scenery, endless blue skies and a modern yet relaxed lifestyle, Western Australia is considered one of Australia’s most popular destinations for migrants.
Western Australia is Australia’s largest state in area, covering 2,645 million square kilometres, with a population of over 2.1 million people.
With the tropical climate, turquoise waters and spectacular gorges in the north to the Mediterranean climate, wineries and forests in the South West, Western Australia varies vastly from region to region and offers something for everyone.
Western Australia is a large state and distances are covered via a comprehensive transport network. Toll free major highways and roads connect Perth to regional centres.
West Australians are colloquially known as sandgropers after the insect found in local sand dunes.
Smoking in Western Australia
Tough new smoking bans, which impose fines of up to $1,000 for smoking in cars carrying children or between the flags at the beach, are set to become law after passing through the Lower House of Parliament.
The laws will ban smoking as follows:
- within 10m of playgrounds.
- in cars carrying children under the age of 16 years.
- in the alfresco areas of cafes and restaurants.
- in at least 50 per cent of outdoor areas of hotels.
- in designated beach bathing areas.
An initial offence will carry a $200 fine, and repeat offences could be a $1,000 fine.
Useful Links for the WA Government
- Business Migration to Western Australia
- Skilled Migration to Western Australia
- Intrestate Relocation to Western Australia
- Living in Western Australia
Perth Property prices
Perth Established House price index compared with the Perth New House Price Index
Note how the New Prices have changed in comparison to the established prices
Perth Established House price index compared with the average for all Capital Cities
Note how the Perth prices have changed in comparison to the Australian average for Capital cities, and in comparison to Sydney prices.