New South Wales, Australia
NSW uses EST during Winter, and EDT during Summer
Capital City of New South Wales
The Capital City of New South Wales (NSW) is Sydney, famous for its Bridge and the Opera House, amongst many other attractions.
Sydney is a very big City, covering an area of about 12,000 square kilometres, and a population of about 4.5 million people in over 600 suburbs.
To give a comparison idea of size:
The county of Kent in SE England covers 3,736 square kilometres.
Sydney, in New South Wales covers 12,144 square kilometres.
Therefore Sydney is about 3 times the size of Kent
British Groups in Sydney and New South Wales
Some links for groups that are specifically related to the British in Sydney and New South Wales that may be of use to new arrivals.
The 2006 Census of the resident population of New South Wales was 6,549,177.
- 75.2% of these were born in Australia, and 3.3% were born in England.
- 2006 Census QuickStats : New South Wales
The 2006 Census of Sydney (Major Statistical Region) was 4,119,190.
- 60.4% of these were born in Australia and 3.5% in England.
- Others included: China 2.6%, New Zealand 2.0%, Viet Nam 1.5% and Lebanon 1.3%.
- The median age was 35 years,
- 12.3% of the population were aged over 65.
- Children under 15 years of age totalled 19.6%.
Sydney Property prices
Sydney Established House price index compared with the Sydney New House Price Index
Note the differences between New Home Prices and established prices, since 2004 when the index for both was at about 100
Sydney Established House price index compared with the average for all Capital Cities
Note how the Sydney and the Australian median prices moved at about the same level up to about 2003, but then the gap changed with Sydney not rising as fast as the median for the other Capital Cities.
Taxi fares in NSW
- Maximum Taxi Fares and Charges are set annually by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART).
National Parks in New South Wales
- NSW National Parks – There are over 600 parks and reserves in NSW, covering more than seven per cent of the state. 44 of these parks charge an entry fee. You can pay a daily fee, or an Annual pass is available for those who visit the parks more often.
The Top 10 Mountain Peaks in Mainland Australia are all in New South Wales.
- 2228m Mount Kosciuszko, NSW
- 2209m Mount Townsend, NSW
- 2195m Mount Twynam, NSW
- 2190m Rams Head, NSW
- 2180m Unnamed peak on Etheridge Ridge, NSW
- 2177m Rams Head North, NSW
- 2160m Alice Rawson Peak, NSW
- 2159m Unnamed peak south-west of Abbott Peak, NSW
- 2145m Abbott Peak and Carruthers Peak, NSW
- 2131m Mt Northcote, NSW
Places to Visit in New South Wales
- Art Gallery of New South Wales : Art Gallery Road, The Domain, Sydney NSW 2000
- Australian National Maritime Museum : Darling Harbour, Sydney
- Museum of Contemporary Art : Sydney Harbour foreshore at West Circular Quay, Sydney
- Royal Botanic Gardens : Sydney
Local Government & Regional Tourism websites
Albury City Council
Albury Woodonga Tourism
Australian Capital Region Online
Australian Capital Region Development Council
Bathurst City Council
Bellingen Shire Council
Blue Mountains Tourism
Byron Bay Bayweb
Broken Hill City Council
Coffs Harbour City Council
Coffs Future Development Corporation
City of Parramatta
City of Sydney
Central Darling Shire Council Central Coast Tourism
Central Coast Regional Development Corporation
Central Western Regional Development Board
Far Western Regional Development Board
Guide to Dubbo
Gosford City Council
Greater Western Sydney Economic Development Board
Hunter Valley Wine Country
Hunter Region Tourism
Local Government and Shires Associations
Lord Howe Island Tourism
Northern Rivers Tourism
New England Tourism
North Coast Tourism
Invest Northern Rivers
Murray Outback Tourist Association
Nambucca Shire Council
New England North West Regional Development Board
Orange City Council
Riverina Regional Development Board
Sapphire Coast Tourism
South Coast Tourism
Sydney on View
Tamworth City Council
Wagga City Council
Wyong Shire Council
Wollongong City Council
1 - 847
Adverts help to cover this sites costs - ai2