Post Content follows this advert.
AUSTRALIAN BANKS with Facilities in the UK to assist in opening an Australian account
- Commonwealth Bank, Financial and Migrant Section, London EC4V 4HA, Tel: 0207 710 3990
- HSBC Bank, International Branch Tel: 020 7991 7278 (HSBC UK now appear to charge £100 to help with this)
- NAB Migrant Banking Centre, 4th Floor, Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, TW9 1DN. Tel: 020 8614 9320
AUSTRALIAN BANKS with special facilities for opening an Australian account from the UK
- ANZ – The ANZ Access Advantage Account is available as an account prior to coming to Australia.
- Westpac – Migrant Banking Facility from Westpac Bank
- NAB – The NAB have a dedicated migrant banking team.
Most of these accounts will require you to visit the branch that you opened the account at, to identify yourself and activate the new account.
Identification, mainly during the first 6 weeks, normally consists of your Passport, and proof of an Australian address. After this initial period, you will need more forms of Identification.