Global visa and citizenship processing times will be available online for the first time from 13 March 2017
As part of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s ongoing efforts to improve client information, the publishing of current visa and citizenship processing times will give you more meaningful data about the visa or citizenship product of your choice.
The latest processing times will replace the previously published service standards to give you a better idea of how long it is taking to process a particular visa subclass, stream, or citizenship application.
Processing times will be updated monthly to reflect current caseloads and processing pressures, and will be available for most visa subclasses and citizenship application types. We do not publish processing times for some subclasses, as they are closed to new entrants, or capped and queued.
To ensure that your application falls within the published processing times, you must lodge a complete application. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances, including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application and included all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly you respond to requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and
- Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme
- surges in demand and peak periods.
1 - 90
Adverts help to cover this sites costs - ai2