Learning to drive in WA
- Step 1: Take a theory test, and then apply for a learners permit, after passing the theory test.
- Step 2: Take lessons
- Step 3: Take the practical driving assessment (You must be at least 16 years and 6 months old)
- Step 4: Drive under supervision for at least 6 months, and accumulate 25 hours of driving experience, whilst displaying ‘L’ plates.
- Step 5: No earlier than age 17, you take the Hazard Perception Test. After passing that test, you can drive unsupervised whilst displaying ‘P’ plates.
- Step 6: After a further 2 years on P plates, you progress to a full licence.