Motoring Associations

Motoring Organisations in Australia

Your UK Motoring Club membership is normally recognised in Australia, and your membership term will also normally be recognised when you transfer your membership to an Australian Motoring Organisation

The above may need checking after reading that the UK AA service is only available to members of AIT-affiliated clubs for a fixed call-out fee of £120.00

The UK RAC however states: “The RAC will require sight of the Australian Club Membership Card to prevent abuse of the scheme”

RACQ is a member of the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), the worldwide organisation of Touring Clubs and Automobile Associations. As such, RACQ members are entitled to a broad range of services from affiliated clubs world-wide.

Overseas Motor Clubs

The International Touring Alliance (AIT) is the worldwide organisation of Touring Clubs and Automobile Associations.

Most Australian clubs are members of the AIT, and show the above symbol on their membership cards.

AIT clubs agree to provide a broad range of services to each other s members travelling overseas for three months. These services may vary from club to club but will generally be the same as those provided by clubs to their own members.

Australian Motoring Organisations
  • RACQ RACQ. Royal Automobile Club of Queensland
New South Wales
  • NRMA NRMA. National Roads and Motorists’ Association
South Australia
  • RAA RAA. Royal Automobile Association of South Australia
  • RACT RACT. Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania
  • RACV RACV. Royal Automobile Club of Victoria
Western Australia
  • RAC RAC WA, Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia
Northern Territory
  • AANT AANT, Automobile Association of Northern Territory

Affiliation agreements with Road Service groups in each state allow cover nationwide.

Notes on Reciprocal Road Service Assistance between UK and Australia


RAA members travelling to the UK can still enjoy reciprocal road service from RAC (UK) during their travels.

There has been some confusion over the availability of these services, since AA (UK) no longer is part of the reciprocal arrangements agreement.

Should you, as an RAA member, require road service in the UK, contact the RAC (UK) on 0800 0155 670 and quote the scheme code ‘AUSRAC’ and your membership number. The RAC will need to sight your RAA membership card when attending for service, so remember to take it with you on holiday.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x